Sunday, October 25, 2009

Knitting Class

Lots of fun with the knitting class a couple of students have advanced to an actual project. Currently there are two knitting a hat and the rest are moving onto the Purl stitch next week.





And in other news, my daughter and I had some fund making Halloween/Fall decorations out of recycled materials. I had the idea to make pumpkins by following the examples given at http://www.stolloween.com/ however that proved to be a little ambition for the time restraints we were under so I decided to come up with my own idea and since we already had the newspaper

good times!

I decided to see what I could come up with, so we stuffed plastic grocery bags with the news paper until nice and solid, tied the tops and used tape to achieve a better pumpkin for, by taping small section tightly together




I thought why not use fabric and make them a little more elegant than the typical Halloween decor. So off to JoAnn Fabrics we go and wouldn't you know... Fabric Sale! And boy did I clean up with the discount and National Sewing Month I hit the crafting lottery
So with a little hot glue and some patience I wrapped the bagged paper with 2 sq yrds of fabric very slowly to make it as smooth as possible and and topped with stiff felt leave trimmed in pipe cleaner and adorned with a toilet paper roll wrapped in soft felt. Presto Pumpkin!

No comments: