Thursday, April 15, 2010

Here's My Awesome New Laptop Bag

I wish I had more pics but my computer is throwing a tantrum so maybe later. But for now here is a pic of the 12in zipper pocket on the flap
An a full on shot of the bag (laptop not included) I used quilting cotton with medium weight inner facing and 1/2 in foam. Now this seemed like a good idea at the time because I wanted to make sure that I had enough cushion to protect my newest toy, however if you didn't already know, foam is hard to sew! Seems the sewing machine won't walk the fabric! Huh, who knew.
Soooo, there were several mechanical issues and some finishing problem with this project and that in it self is not the end of the world except, I am making an Awesome New Laptop Bag for my friend Deanne and I can't have all those finishing issues. Sooo I need to come up with a better process, cause I really need the foam. So, back to the drawing board. :-(

No comments: