Monday, June 18, 2007


I did not like this finish. The sponge technique is a slow process and unfortunately you don't know if you like until it is completely done. Even though I did a test board, the finish looked quite different on the cabinet.

I changed the finish to a solid color. Rich Espresso by DecoArt Metallics. I used Americana Acrylic Paint for the doors doing a random stripe look (faux 70's) and I still need to put a gloss sealant on the entire piece.

The hinges are not back on yet which is why it still looks a little crooked. Once everything is on (hinges and handles) the doors will close flush giving the appearance that it is one piece (not gaps). I still have to paint the inside, put two of the shelves on drawer tracks and build my compartments on the top of the inside shelf. But alas, not tonight.

No comments: